Recent Photos

1806

High Street Chapel - A chapel was built in the High Street just north of the junction with Clarence Street; it served until 1864, with the Cliff Town Church being built in the following year.

British School opened in the High Street.

Whale Washed Up - A whale, 34 feet in length, was stranded in Leigh Marsh. Another 12 feet longer was found on Foulness sands in 1826 and towed by barge to Leigh.

 

Where to now?

View Site in Mobile | Classic